Facilitation and Planning Services
Organizational & Strategic Planning
Jan Caulfield Consulting assists clients in developing or updating strategic plans to create and achieve their organization’s vision or address management issues. Strategic plans list clear goals and objectives, identify effective strategies, provide communication plans, and include a realistic implementation plan and schedule. Jan is experienced in helping groups consider and address organization and program effectiveness, adapt to changes in budgets or other key foundations of the organization, and address needed improvements in decision-making and communication.
Examples for Organization/Strategic Planning
- National Park Service, Ocean Alaska Science Learning Center, Alaska Region (2014 – 2015) – Leading Center Board, staff and Alaska coastal parks in development of a five-year strategic plan for the Ocean Alaska Science Learning Center, which is dedicated to understanding and preserving the marine ecosystem that connects Alaska's National Parks through research and education.
- Alaska SeaLife Center (2013) – Led the Alaska Corps of Coastal Observers Advisory Board in developing a strategic plan for securing resources and partnerships to build and sustain the observers program.
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Wildlife Conservation Division (2013) – Facilitated development of a strategic plan for the State of Alaska’s wildlife management research priorities.
- National Park Service, Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve (2013) – Facilitated meetings of the Park Superintendent with Division Chiefs regarding position management and budget planning for Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve.
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Sport Fish Division (2013) – Led the Sport Fish Division Leadership Team in developing a strategic approach for designing a program of work that is responsive to future funding.
- Arctic Landscape Conservation Cooperative (LCC) (2012-2013) – Led the Arctic LCC Coordinating Committee in development of a strategic framework that identifies and prioritizes high priority science and management needs related to land and resource management in the Arctic, in the context of landscape scale changes brought about by climate change.
- Non-profit organization board retreats and strategic planning for community health, education, public communication, arts, and environmental organizations.
Jan Caulfield Consulting | 114 S. Seward St., Ste. 205 | Juneau, AK 99801 | Office: 907-523-4610 | email@example.com | www.jancaulfield.com